lørdag 8. november 2014

Welcome to my Blog


Welcome to my Blog - ‘Herbjørnsruds Universe’ - named after and inspired by one of Norway’s greatest short story authors Hans Herbjørnsrud.


I am currently working on a series of pictures based on and around his compositions. Some of my

works are motivated by specific stories; others mirror his unique and fantastic universe.

A few years back Hans and I was discussing the link between different artistic expressions, when

the bridge between visual art and literature came up. This triggered an idea in us both, that I should

really make a series of images based on his short stories... his universe.

I have always had a lot of respect and admiration for Hans; he is such a great writer and friend. So

having him alongside me as a source of knowledge and being able to ask him about key subjects in

his (very complex) short stories helped me blow life into this idea.



I began the work a few years ago, starting with two works. They were made for the centenary

group exhibition of my home town Notodden, which was marking 100 years since the town was

established.


Hans Herbjørnsrud and me at the exhibition opening




Later one of the works “Vannbæreren” was chosen by Herbjørnsruds’ publishing house Gyldendal,

to be the cover of his latest book “Her kan alt skje”, which was an anthology of the authors’ works.


My artwork "Vannbæreren" used as cover artwork 





Now the work continues. I hope that you will find this blog interesting and that you will follow me

as the work proceeds. I will be giving regular updates from my studio together with other relevant

and interesting news, both from my world of art and from the world of literature.



Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar